What is the KSM32 best suited to?
The KSM32 can be used on an almost endless list of applications, some of which include vocals, acoustic and wind instruments, low frequency instruments such as double bass and kick drum and various overhead miking applications. The KSM32 is equally at home on the stage or in the studio.
What characteristics can I expect when using a KSM32?
You can expect a smooth, neutral reproduction with full character. The KSM32 is a clear, accurate and detailed mic with a full and extended bass response, although the inclusion of both gentle and steep high-pass filters allows the bass end to be tamed very effectively if need be. Performance characteristics also include very low self noise and high input SPL capability
What is the difference between the KSM32/CG and the KSM32/SL ?
The difference between the two microphones is the colour, as well as the accessories that are included with each model:
- KSM32/CG: Charcoal grey, comes with padded, zippered carrying bag and swivel mount
- KSM32/SL: Champagne, comes with aluminum carrying case, velveteen pouch and spider shock mount
- Class A, transformerless preamplifier circuitry eliminates cross-over distortion for improved linearity across the full frequency range.
- Embossed, high-compliance diaphragm provides extended low-frequency response. Ultra-thin, gold-layered, low-mass, Mylar® diaphragm for excellent transient response
- 15 dB attenuation switch for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL)
- Switchable low-frequency filter provides greater flexibility to reduce background noise or to counteract proximity effect.
- Integrated three-stage pop protection grille reduces “pop” and other breath noise
- Internal shock mount reduces transmission of handling noise
- Replacement cartridge: RK374
IN THE BOX
- 1 – A32M ShureLock® Stand Mount
- 1 – AK32C Padded Zippered Bag